We have more than 30 years experience with the design, implementation and servicing of employee benefits plans. This includes both Group Life & Health and Group Retirement Plans.
As an independent advisor, the primary objective is to ensure that your firm receives the best value on your employee benefits expenditures and budgets. This is facilitated through comprehensive market surveys and plan audits.
We look forward to contributing to the success of your business by
enhancing your relationship with your employees – YOUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET.
First time for Employee Benefits –
The following should be considered as to why you may want to initially consider employee benefits plans for your more important:
A) Why Employee Benefits?
The Employer’s Perspective…
- Retain quality employees
- Attract quality employees
- Maintain / Increase employee morale
- Tax – effective
- Management Tool
- Increase competitive position
- Provide for assistance for employees emergency healthcare
- Enhancement to compensation package – The Hidden Pay Cheque
The Employee’s Perspective…
- Security, Peace-of-mind, 24 hour coverage
- Meet key financial planning needs...
- Cash at Death, Cash at Disability, Cash at Retirement
- Benefits not available on an individual basis
- Easy to obtain benefits, no or minimal medical underwriting
- Additional compensation for employees
B) Already have existing employee benefits plans – time for a Review/Plan Audit -
- Are your plans current with plan design options now available?
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) benefits (Confidential Family Counseling)
- Employees Termination Options – Conversion of EHC/Dental Benefits & group retirement employee account options. Assistance provided for terminated employees.
- Group or Executive Critical Illness coverage
- Review/Implement Executive – Owner Cost Plus Programs
- Is your plan providing benefits that complement your employee demographics?
- Consider Alternate Funding Cost/Pricing options – Perspective (Insurance) Pricing compared to ASO (Administration Services Only)
- Are you satisfied with the service and support provided by your Insurer?
- Are you satisfied with the service and support provided by your current Benefits Advisor
- Are you satisfied with the service and support provided by your current insurance carrier?
- Assess Current plan competitiveness – Break-even loss ratios, Trend Factors, Experience Renewal Credibility
- Executive Benefit Solutions – Class structuring of benefits
- Renewal analysis to ensure fair and reasonable renewals
- Enhance Employee benefit communication – regular employee meetings
- Cost containment benefits approach
- Quarterly Claims experience review
- Group RRSP /DPSP Pension solutions – “Golden Handcuffs”
- Group RPP Pension options - "Golden Handcuffs""
- Employee Wellness programs including employee health assessments
TOP GROUP INSURANCE CARRIERS IN CANADA - Jan. 01 2022
(INCLUDES PREMIUM DOLLARS FROM GROUP HEALTH, GROUP LIFE & ASO)
- Sun Life - $11.7 Billion
- Canada Life - $10.1 Billion
- Manulife - $9.6 Billion
- Desjardins Financial - $3.2 Billion
- Beneva (former SSQ Financial) - $3.1 Billion
- Green Shield - $2.5 Billion
- Medavie Blue Cross - $1.9 Billion
- Pacific Blue Cross - $1.6 Billion
- Industrial Alliance - $1.4 Billion
- Alberta Blue Cross - $1.1 Billion
- Empire Life - $592 Million
- Equitable Life - $531 Million
- RBC Insurance - $429 Million
- Manitoba Blue Cross - $352 Million
- The Co-operators - $340 Million
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross - $125 Million
- Chubb Insurance - $108 Million
- UV Assurance - $95 Million
- Wawanesa - $88 Million
- Group Medical Services - $31 Million
*Data taken from Benefits Canada, April. 2022